Saturday, October 10, 2015

SUAOKI 20W Solar Phone Battery Charger 22 oz Dual USB-Port Sunpower Panel Efficiency up to 25% Great for Camping Hiking #SUAOKI

http://amzn.to/1jidmpw

I am a Techy by nature! I saw this Suaoki 20W Solar Battery Charger, and I knew that I had to review it.

This piece is all about quality, efficiency, and functionality. The Solar Charger is fold-able, and lightweight which is great for hiking, camping, and general travel.

The Solar charger is very well made, and the craftsmanship can be seen throughout the product, starting with the stitching. Yes, I started with the stitching.. I am always testing products for quality, and any time I come across loose stitching I think to myself about the lack of care that went into such products..

The Mono-crystalline solar panel Triple fold design, allows for a high conversion of up to 25%.
- Solarfactsandadvice(.)(com) states "PV panels made from monocrystalline solar cells are able to convert the highest amount of solar energy into electricity of any type of flat solar panel." - with that said, looks to be a good way to start.

The 6 built-in loops make it easily attach-able to a backpack, or strung up rope to get it safely off the ground and/or at an angle directed to the sun. There is a Magnetic flip fold that keeps everything together when it is in a closed position, and a large pocket in the back that can easily hold most phones, power-banks, and smaller tablets. Quick note: The on the materal it is a heavy-duty polyester canvas, and the panels have a plastic on them, that allow them to be water resistant (not waterproof- Do not submerse).

Inside this zipper pocket is also the (2) charging ports that have an intelligent chip (TIRC) which actually detects your devices and charges at the maximum speed that your device can handle, without damaging your battery.

My test revealed very positive data, and I will include the results in my video.

Some things to note- you will experience more draw from an uncharged device versus a charged one that is just topping off, which will be more of a trickle charge.

Direct sunlight will give you the best results, but I was able to sit under a tree in my front yard (in the Shade/ indirect light) and my device would show that it was charging. My meter would show that it was not supplying the full capable charge, but I think this would still trickle charge the device. Also in video..

Here is a Diagram showing 3 positions relating to the angles and sun.

How are you going to get the most out of this device? Imagine these typed images are the sun (O) and the Panels

1. Best 2. Good 3. Not so Good
O O O
/ - - - /
/ /
/ /

1. Facing the sun at an angle is the best
2. This is still good
3. is out of the suns reach and is facing away from the sun.( you should attempt to redirect the panel towards the sun vs away from it)

Lastly the full specs

Specification:
Charging port output: DC 5V 3.4A
Max Output Power: 20W
Unfold size: 21.65'' X 10.35''
Fold size: 6.02'' X 10.35''
Weight: 22 OZ

Package Contents:
- 1 x suaoki 20W Foldable Dual-Port Solar Charger
- 1 x Micro USB Cable
- 4 x Hooks
- 1 x User Manual

"I received free or discounted product in exchange for providing an unbiased review."I was not compensated for my review and all my opinions are my own. One may or may not have the same opinion as myself when reading this. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment