Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Anker PowerCore+ 20100 USB-C Ultra-Compact Premium External Battery/Portable Charger/Power Bank (6A Output, PowerIQ and VoltageBoost Technology) for Apple MacBook, iPhone, iPad, Samsung Review



With the PowerCore+ 20100 USB-C (6A) Anker proves that it is always innovating, never imitating!

Rated at 20,100mAh hence the name, I can get at least 10 charges on my phone with it.

It does have some weight to it, premium aluminum Matte finish ( for the most part avoids finger prints), 2 USB outputs, 1 USB-C

The powe-button has 10 LEDs in it each one represents 10% charg in the device. When charging it is best/ safest to charge it using an Anker Charger because PowerIQ is the standard in Anker Chargers. I have the (5) Anker 5-port Charging HUBS, and the latest Anker PowerPort +1 with Quick Charge 3.0. I have many ports to choose from, but I am using the latest  PowerPort +1 which is supposed to bring charge time to only 8.3 hours.. I say supposed to because this is a monster of a battery and I have not come close to draining it yet.

Just in case you are not familiar with PowerIQ, it essentially an itelligent Chip that detects your device, regulating the  charge current accordingly.  This allows for the fastest and safest charge for all your devices-- meaning there is less chance of hurting your batteries, or your devices..

PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technologies combine to provide the fastest possible charge, up to 2.4 amps per port.  Essentially the ports will push and push out a steady max current according to the needs of the connected devices.

What to expect in the box:
PowerCore+ 20100 USB-C power bank, 60cm USB to USB-C cable, 60cm Micro USB cable, welcome guide, travel pouch.

Positive notes:

Huge power Capacity 20,100mAh
only 8.3 hours charge time
Surge protection, short circuit prevention
Latest Tech- USB-C
It can fully charge one MacBook, one iPhone and one iPad Air 2 at the same time.
comes with a carry pouch, and cords
LED Indicator
18 Month Warranty
Compact size  7.3 x 2.4 x 1

Negatives:

I kinda miss the micro-usb port that we are all accustomed to(I will get over it)
kinda heavy (but for the capacity understandable)

-- In case you are wondering why do I need so many chargers....because I make giftcards using reward apps.. this is how I maintain my farm.. believe you me. I have several more charging hubs from other companies that I get to test out. I always test with usb meters.  Those 5 Anker ones I mentioned I purcahsed before I starting blogging/ product reviewing.

* "I received free or discounted product in exchange for providing an unbiased review."I was not compensated for my review and all my opinions are my own. One may or may not have the same opinion as myself when reading this. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

1 comment: